Need Inspiration? Here Are some Personal Essay Topics
If you enjoy creative, personal expression, the personal essay is one type of essay that you might enjoy writing. The possibilities when it comes to this kind of an essay are nearly limitless. The only rules are that you must be creative, and that you must represent yourself in the words that you write. Here is the difficulty: you must select personal essay topics that are believable and that are interesting for your reader. It is okay to be creative, but it is important to remember that you are working on an assignment that will be graded. In some cases, you might even be writing your personal essay as part of your application to the college of your dreams. This is important! The good news is this: there are many ideas for personal essays that you can use in order to best represent yourself.
Essay Topics Related to Personal Experiences
Sometimes, the best way to express yourself is by relaying a personal experience. Your experiences speak volumes about your character, personality, positive attributes, and life experience.
- Describe the scariest moment you have ever experienced.
- What did you do during your most memorable summer as a child?
- What was the hardest thing you ever accomplished?
- Describe something you worked really hard to achieve, but failed.
- Describe something you did that made your parents really proud.
- What was it like the first time that somebody close to you died?
- Do you remember the best day of your life? What happened?
Essay Topics Related to Relationships
One way to get to know a person is to get a glimpse into his/her relationships with others. Has a relationship with another person changed you? Here are a few topics that might inspire you:
- What are five things that only your best friend knows about you?
- Describe the first person you ever fell in love with.
- Which member of your family has been most influential in your life?
- What do you admire most about your father?
- Have you ever been rejected by somebody that you loved?
- Describe a time when your family made you really happy.
- Describe what it's like to have somebody look up to you.
- Describe your worst enemy.
Fun and Fantastical Essay Topics
Sometimes you don't need to share information about a relationship or experience to reveal yourself to your reader. Sometimes, exposing them to your thoughts and imagination is the best way to go. Here are some personal essay topics 2015 that allow you to be a little more creative:
- Describe your ideal vacation.
- If you could build your dream home, what would it look like?
- If you were granted three wishes, what would you wish for?
- If you were elected President of the United States, what would you do first?
- What would you eat for your last meal?
Do You Still Need Help?
Even though many students relish the idea of expressing themselves in a personal essay, other students find the entire process extremely stress-inducing. They worry that they won't express themselves well; in some cases they worry that they won't have enough time to perfect their essays with all of their other obligations. If the idea of writing a personal essay makes you nervous, relax. The professional writers at trustessaywriting.com will come up with an idea and write your essay for you, or they will take your own original idea and turn it into an exceptional piece of writing. Either way, you will have an original, custom essay to turn in to your instructor or college admissions center.