Creative Ideas for Descriptive Essay Topics
A descriptive essay can actually be a relatively easy, even fun paper to write. When you write a descriptive essay, you are using the written word to describe a person, place, event, experience, or an object. If you enjoy creative writing, there is a good chance that you will also enjoy the process of writing a descriptive essay. As you write your essay, keep in mind that you want your reader to be able to visualize your description as if s/he were experiencing it themselves. Take the time to involve all five senses to give the reader a truly multi-dimensional experience. Selecting descriptive essay topics may be the most difficult part of this kind of assignment. However, with a little bit of imagination, even the seemingly mundane topics can be turned into interesting and exciting topics for descriptive essays. To help you get started, here is a list of descriptive essay ideas that you might be able to use.
- Describe a recent vivid dream or nightmare.
- Describe your ideal home.
- Write a descriptive essay on your favorite painting.
- Imagine if two of your favorite movie characters got married. Describe the wedding.
- Describe your favorite meal.
- Write a descriptive essay about your favorite relative.
- Write an essay about your first date.
- Write a descriptive essay on your most embarrassing moment.
- Describe your backyard.
- Describe your favorite vacation memory.
- Describe your happiest birthday.
- Describe the first sleep over you attended.
- Write an essay describing your high school year book photo.
- Describe what you would do if you only had three days to live.
- Write an essay describing the best movie fight seen you have ever watched.
- Recall a fun day that you spent with a family member. Describe that day in your essay.
- Write an essay describing the cake you had at your 13th birthday party.
- What was your first day at college like? Describe the experience in your essay.
- Write a description of your first car.
- Write an essay that describes your best friend.
- Write an essay describing how you feel when speaking in public.
- Describe what it is like to lose a friend or loved one.
- Write an essay describing your first day in a new school.
- What is it like to travel overseas?
- Have you ever gone on a picnic? Describe that.
- Compose an essay that describes your first apartment.
These are only a few descriptive essay topics 2015. With a little bit of thought and effort, you can surely come up with many more! If you do need help with an essay topic, or with completing your essay, do not fear! The great writers and staff at TrustEssayWriting.com are eager to help college students such as yourself in completing their college level writing assignments. They do a great job with descriptive essays, evaluation essays, expository essays, and many more. Just visit the website, and prepare to be pleasantly surprised.